Some of you may thoroughly enjoy this busy time of the year. However, many of you may find yourself feeling overwhelmed by the buzzing energy and tasks to tackle. Holidays can bring up some old memories or bring you closer to events that you would rather avoid. Finding balance during this busy and often emotional time of year takes some effort on your part. Here's a few tips to keep you in check and smiling through the madness!
1) Slow it Down: If you find yourself racing on the treadmill of "to do's", take a break. Check out your list and erase a couple of things you are doing just out of pure obligation.
2) Ask for Support: You don't have to do it all yourself. Ask a friend, partner or loved one to give you a helping hand.
3) Stick to a budget: I often see people break the bank during this time of year just to impress others or show they care. However, when January comes and you can't pay your credit card bill, those others concerns won't matter any longer. Consider home made gifts or attending bazaars. It's holds a much more heartfelt effect for sure and your wallet will thank you!
4) Exercise: Stick to exercise and other healthy activities to keep your stress level down.
5) Eat without Guilt: This is a time to eat amazing and often decadent food. Enjoy every bite. It's the guilt that makes it harder for your body to break it down and digest properly, so enjoy! However, make sure to take breaks from too much of those sugary treats to avoid getting sick.
6) Create New Holiday Traditions: How many traditions do you take part in that seem to cause more stress? Find some time to create fun and uplifting traditions for yourself and your loved ones.
7) Celebrate! Take some time to really enjoy opportunities to reconnect with loved ones.
~ By Liz Myers at Rooted Living Wellness
Liz Myers, MA, RYT200
Spiritual Life Coach, Yoga and Meditation Teacher.
Click on each month for a full listing of wellness articles